Personally, I believe human beings are willing to do good to others. Doing good to others comes in many forms, including helping others.
Every day in our lives, whether we have noticed it or not, we have at least done something that tie with doing good to others. At school, you might have helped your friends with their work. At home, you might have helped your mother with grocery shopping. These things undeniably, do occur in our lives.
There are possible reasons to why we human are willing to do them.
Firstly, based on the article, it can be said that humans expect reciprocity. That is why most of us believe in the Golden Rule ,"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” I helped you, and i expect in some way, a form of help given to me in the future. This can be one of the few reasons that drives us to do good to others.
Another reason, based on the article, is that we do good to others if we find the benefit to be much greater than the cost of the act of goodness. An example can be, I help you with cleaning the house if the benefit that is reaped is that I earn $100 just for it.
In a way, both reasons are very similar to one another, in the sense that both expect something in return. They are the very reasons why humans are willing to do good to others.

No comments:
Post a Comment